Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pediatrics impossible? - priya06
Hi everyone,

Congrats to all those who matched. I had some ivs, but failed to match. Still not out of the shock. But I have been following people who matched. To my surprise none/ very few people matching in Pediatrics are posting their experiences.

I am old grad , Next yr it will be 7 yrs from YOG and will be my last match irrespective of the outcome. So I am all in this time. Pediatrics is my interest. But can some one tell me being an old grad with 230+ score ( no attempts), 1.5 yr pediatric residency in home country, Am I targeting at something impossible? Shall I think about other faculties too?
As far as I know for peds its not preferred by AMG because of the low payment if compared to other specialty. The other fact is peds residency program accept old grad, and I know applicants with more than 10 years and got it. I was planning to apply for it next week since I am very old grad.
Try to focus on how to improve your CV. Wish u a good luck.
hello priya06,

I cannot give any advice in pediatrics as it is not my area of interest....but i had a senior from my med school.this was couple years ago....i don't know about his scores but he was an old graduate... he applied to programs in east cost and matched... if you have not done so...try to apply every where...especially in east coast...
hope this is of some help to you.
Good Luck.
I did apply broadly but received only 4 ivs which I could not convert. I did not have my step 3 result which most of my co interviewees had. But I don't see any old graduates writing about it. Also I don't wanna put my husband's money in waste. Still in feeling of guilt.

@ mstar, if you have your friend's contact i can give you my email add if you can share it with me.
Hello priya06,

oh..now i get it.... so you did not have your step3 scores on time this season... so you have good shot next season...now that you have step 3 scores now...but you will do good this time...

to be honest...its been a while since i spoke to most of my friends.....was so busy with my exams and match process... kept myself isolated for long...

i am soo sorry i could not be of any further help...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »