Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cluey & lesooman? - canada1
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around for a while. I had a bunch of interviews this year again & didn't match. Same as last year. I only applied to 30 programs this year 'cus I couldn't afford more & still managed 6IVs, but still no go.

So the big thing I've learned is somehow I'm coming across really poorly in interviews. Don't know how to fix it. But that's the thing I need to focus on going into this year.
good thing you know your weakness.

you should start working on it from day 1.....practice practice practice. use utube interview skills and practice with your acquaintances.

good luck buddy
@leesooman: That's a great amount of interviews!!! I had only two. So you are a great candidate on paper Smile

I practiced in front of a mirror and with my friends. One of my good friends gave me good constructive criticism and I think that's probably why I did well on my interviews. The night before my interview, I literally spoke to myself in front of the mirror to gauge my facial reaction and how confident I was. My best interview was my first interview and matched there Smile

It all comes with practice!

@ leesooman,

try applying to the same programs you interviewed in this cycle. Some programs appreciate seeing you come back. The PD for the program I matched in this time recognized me from the previous year and joked about me coming back.

I guess it showed persistence. I also interviewed well but that may have been because I was more relaxed, being my second time there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »