Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
medical assistant!!!! - md101
@ nomad : Congrats on matching. For your cv, some say not to include non-medical jobs, what did you do for yours if you dont mind me asking. Thank you.
Many IMGs do odd jobs before the lucky ones get into residency while most remain doing the odd jobs as long as they remain in this country. I have seen so many doctors working in retails, as cab drivers, as CNAs etc. those that come from riches might find it "dirty or condescending"

I worked as medical assistant at an urgent care center for 8 months before getting a better higher paying job. The MDs I worked with treated me like a colleague & with respect. I got 2 great LORs from them and stated in my eras cv that I worked as MA & of course I prematched in IM.

IMO, MA is a hands on clinical experience and weighs much more than observaship.

So, it's safe to document your MA experience but please don't document any job that's not clinically oriented eg retails, filing nails or even nursing aid
My question again for those who have done MA job -
For the ma - a certification is required? How did you guys get those certificate?
http://arma-cert.org

Submit your application through this site and send the supporting documents like ECFMG cert and school diploma. No exam needed!
How about medical interpretation?
@ arrowmates : Thank you very much =]
@arrowmates

Thanks. I noticed on their page that they're also requesting a letter from a physician...what if one is currently not working for any physician?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »