Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
medical assistant!!!! - md101
@docdocsun: Thats how I saw it but I never felt it as low level work either. It was a great learning and humbling experience. I am here matched because of it Smile
For the ma - a certification is required? How did you guys get those certificate?
As i am posting this message, I just finished doing two medicures and pedicures for my customers. Obviously i am Asian Smile I got matched into IM university hospital 20 minutes away from my home (first time applied and matched this year). I have been cleaning pedi spa chairs, cleaned restrooms, and do whatever it takes to earn money to apply or have a little money saved. There is nothing to be ashamed of because later when you become doctor you still have to serve people and checking their feets, etc. Being a doctor does not make you better than anyone else or any professions. I worked in restuarants 12 hrs a day, cleaned restrooms, and mopped floors in my 4th year of college.

My point: do whatever it takes to get where you want to go. Nothing wrong with hardworking dollar to reach your final goal. Where I work at now is near UT where many nurses, residents, doctors, etc. and when they found out that i just graduated and got matched, but work hard to make money to get to my final goal...they respected that and I feel very proud of it. Just thank God for a job to earn some monies. good luck guys. I will be working as a nail tech for the next 2 1/2 months doing medi and pedicure...and i am proud of it.
btw i got great family that would be willing to help or give me money to spend..in fact they paid 25% of my tuition and all my fees for eras, but still a hardworking value still apply when i am free from school and interviews
@nomad1095: I have so much respect for you! I am so happy you matched this year. Well deserved Smile I wish you the best!
I am actually about to accept the MA position for a IM private practice because I need to earn some money. I've spent to many years studying so until I actually do match bills need to be pain and life goes on. But indeed I am happy to see that a MA position can actually be worth something on a residency resume
What an inspiration nomad1095! People like you are an example for others who are really ambitious about their careers and want to achieve their goal. Once I called an Uber cab and was surprised to find out that the cab driver was a doctor and was in the match cycle 2015 just like myself! Nothing is big or small, its how we take it! kudos!!
Well said nomad1095..
Did u match in GA if u don't mind..
Is better than bathing at all
Nothing
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »