Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best littman for IM residency - shigatox22
Every program provides scrubs and ward coats for the residents. Even hospitals and nursing homes provide customized lab coats & scrubs for their nurses.
My program emailed that we should buy 1 scrub and lab coat each but the hospital will provide us with customized ones within 2 weeks of commencement.

@zumzum...fyi...lab coats sizing is not accurate. 2xl size of meta product is different from dickies. Even 2xl of meta product can be 2xl long, extra long, regular etc so it will be difficult to order lab coat for someone without them trying it on 1st.
I have heard that size of labcoat is the size of shirt one wears. Is it true?
Actually they mentioned in their email that they will reimburse certain amount for scrubs and lab coats. Also mentioned what should be written over left/right shoulder. From this information I supposed I have to get them by my own. But I could be wrong. I will email PC for confirmation.
@usmlemad.
That's for medical students. I believe we use full length lab coats
I got the Littmann 3100 Bluetooth Steth. Its pretty awesome and amplifies the sound so its such a clear sound!
@dococ........thats an overkill. what do you need that for? residency? even most cardiologist dont spend $800 on a single stethoscope unless you have a hearing impairment
Hello Everyboday,

I know we are excited about starting pgy1 year and want the best stethoscope.... what everybody told me is littman classic II E is a good choice ....you can learn a lot with it...the next updgrade is cardiology III.... anything beyond this is extra money spending for no use at this stage of our careers..

Good Luck.
http://www.becomeahospitalist.com/tools-needed/

Best steth most of the doctors use is Littman 3M cardiology. Its a bit costly but really worth it. You can buy from the link above in amazon. you can buy someother stuff required to start residency like a small penlight, knee hammer, etc. You want to look like a good doctor and this stetch is really majestic and I have been using for 5 yrs with no problem. It lasts forever.
also you need a good resource to prepare for residency.

google 'become hospitalist made easy' . read it and you will learn all about IM in hospital

Google 'become Hospitalist made easy' and read to make your residency/IM rotation easy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »