Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F1 to J1 - drak429
Hi Any one else in the same boat as me??? I am talking to an immigration attorney in the U.S. and a visa consultancy in India to try and figure out what is the best way to approach this i.e change of status vs stamping and the risk and benefits of each. Wanted to start this thread so we can help each other. Any ways feel free to drop in any question/ suggestions & I will try my best to update this thread with the information I find out hoping that it will benefit us.
@ drak429: I am in the same boat, and guess what the boat has a hole!
Anyways.. theres already a thread on this forum. I hope you can post your discussion there as it will be very beneficial to all of us
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=802825-2

please leave your skype ID. I talked to 2 lawyers too!
Is very como to transition from F1 to J1, many new residents do it. I don't know about any specifics from your country, but usually there is no problem at all
Updates:
Hi, I had a 30 minute paid consultation with a very reputed immigration attorney, I am now 300$ poorer but much wiser. After hearing my case his reccomendations are for me to go to India, which were the exact same recomendations from the visa consultancy I had earlier consulted who gave me the advice for free sigh!!!. I am not sure if the same would apply to every one else but if you want to discuss this further please feel free to mail me at drakmd429.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »