Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H1B visa discussion group - ibecauseu
Hey guys. Anyone here applying for H1B? How is the process going on so far? Is it true that NOT all programs are cap exempt? I have been in touch with my program since February and I was told that they won't file the petition before mid April!
Hey I am in the same boat, need to get in touch. How can we do it?
I'm in...
I was contacted by the PC and in touch with the legal team. I have sent my required documents to file H1. Don't know whether my program is cap exempt or not. Were you guys informed about premium process ?? Which one are you opting???
Yea I've already sent them $1225 cheque for premium processing! But I don't know why they are not filing the petition despite having everything and all the documents ready! I'm really concerned by how long this process in taking.
First of all we need to get limited license of the state where our program is located. It will take a couple of weeks. Then only h1b petition can be filed.
I'm in NY. So license required anyway.
hello ibecauseu,

to start residency in NY you don't need to temp medical license.

GL.
yes u dont need your own medical license in NY. You work under hospital license. but confirm from your program.

also you need a good resource to prepare for residency.

google 'become hospitalist made easy' . read it and you will learn all about IM in hospital
yes I know. I actually meant to say "No license required". But despite that, the visa processing is still dead slow. I heard that Mount Sinai is notoriously known for delaying petitions filing.

@hyderabadi, Thx for the link. I'm doing psychiatry residency, but I'm sure I'll need such a resource to prepare for the 4 month IM rotation. Cheers
Ibecauseu@Thanks. Spread the word about this site.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »