Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chances of matching - destinyusmle
hi everyone. Just a query. I applied in 2015 match but unfortunately couldn't make it. my scores aren't that good but my step1,2 and CS are in first attempt now planning for Step3 which is pretty soon. What are the chances of getting into residency if u have any attempt in Step 3 though getting a high score is an advantage. If you feel you aren't prepared well for Step 3 is it good to reschedule or just go for it and try ur luck!

thanks
take an assessment and dont sit for the exam if you fail or marginally pass it. better to pass later on than to have a failure.

did u have any interviews this past season? what specialty did you apply for?
thanks for the advice. Well I didn't get any IVs this past session though I had 1 month observership too. I need to make my CV more polished to impress the PD for sure and of course contacts count a lot of all.
Hi
I am a FMG from India.
College over: 2011
Internship over: 2012
CS 1st attempt (2011)
Step1 1st attempt : 224 (2013)
Step 2 1st attempt : 206(2013) (had major family problems so messed up )
1 Publication in IJOEM(Indexed journal , PubMed)(2013)
2 month Clinical Clerkship ( cardio and Pulmo)(2011)
Applied in 2013 .. No ivs
didn't apply in 2014 ( had no money at all)

2 month Externship in IM in Germany(2014-15)
3 Month Externship in Neuro in Germany.(2015)
Residency just started in Neuro in Germany.
Aiming for step 3 in August and
wanna apply this year only in Neuro...

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES..

I cannot do more research here in germany as there are no possiblities..
I cannot do more Clinical externship etc in USA as my residency here has already started here so cannot go to USA for such externships..

PLEASE ADVICE!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Destinyusmle, why would you even think about failing step 3??? You have all the reasons not too... Keep the positivity!! Better prep well, instead of just going there and ending up wz an attempt
@ tom88: thanks. Yes I know I should be optimistic. Maybe I am just getting too worried about my upcoming exam.
@ Inzaghi: we actually don't know what are our chances. But the thing is that we shouldn't lose hope. You are doing residency in Neuro for sure that will make you a good candidate and there are few programs which really like to take those with previous residencies or so. So don't lose hope. Be optimistic. Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »