Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregnant (and showing) during interview? - adrina
Pregnant (and showing) during interview? will this affect their decision on selection? any experience?
Thanks.
sounds it is a rare situation!!!! Sad
hello,

I don't have an exact answer but I only had 1 IV during 2014 season and I was 6-7 months pregnant and I decided to be honest about it rather than not mentioning anything and them just guessing by my appearance (I wasn't showing that much)..it was a peds program. I thought I had a great IV but didn't match...I had other red flags so cant attribute not matching to pregnancy alone....just wanted to share my experience....
Well it's early April. Im going to assume that you are a little ways down your pregnancy... Can't you interview in January after the baby is born or is your due date all interview season long?
Hi I had couple of friends got interviewed during the their trimester and got matched. They had the same doubt, but it did not affect negatively.
Thank you guys for sharing your experience and comments. I feel so much relieved!
I might become an issue only if you're a single mother because you wont have time to take care of your child and do residency at the same time specially if its a newborn. But if you are not a single mother and are married or have a boyfriend or you're living with your family and they can take care of you baby, then it shouldnt be a problem. Whatever you do, do NOT lie to them, because they'll figure things out.
@draf : Even if you are a single mother, it is NOT an issue .. there is child care services available, family members etc.
tnks darf and sick for your comments Smile

In the usa nobody cares about single mother. Even if you are married, chances are that your husband is also working. There is a lot of dependency on child care services

If I may ask...how many months are you pregnant?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »