Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urgent need of advice - dreamscometrue15
Am a fmg with attempts and a low step 1 score, graduated in 2013.
can anyone advice me on what to do and how to go forward.
And what all programs can i apply for?
and is pathology a very competitve program.
plz help.
All residency programs are competitive for FMGs, some more than others.
*drbacchi my question is what all can i apply to and stand a chance of getting something.
Maybe family medicine. Or consider practicing in your home country. Im not sure how competitive pathology is though, sorry.
Do you have pathology experience? The problem with low scores is that you probably wont get invited to any interviews unless you have connections or something exceptional on your cv. Pathology is relatively IMG friendly, as is FM, IM, psych & peds.
thank you drbacchi Smile
i was so down trodden.. am in usa now.. and going bk to my home country is not an option. Sad
am sorry but what do u mean by "something exceptional in cv"??
Im talking about extensive research in the field. Its not impossible to match, but its an uphill battle and you really need to improve all other aspects of your application if you have low scores. Have you taken step2 yet? You should score high in your remaining steps.
I personally know people with low step 1 score and very good step 2 scores in residencies...just focus on step 2 ck score and all means score high on it...
thanku drbacchi and success2011

so u think i stand a chance in pathology if i get a research and score high in step 2 ck...
my step 1 scores alone shudn't affect my applying for pathology.

Am asking coz am in total dilemma ryt now.. coz i ve been doing great for nbme but when the real deal comes i failed.. but this time i really thought i did well but my score was low... Sad
what was your score? dont be ashamed its an anonymous forum.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »