Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need real and kind advice - fix
Hi I have been in this forum for the last three years, I get a lot of advice material and answer for most of my question. Now I want sincerely advice from you. Please don't ask me why these all happen because it happened all. I am an Img,have cleared my CS on 4th attempt. I have passed all other exam with first attempt with 220s, so is there any chance to get residency? if any what speciality and what can I do to improve all my problem . I have already has hospital and private clinic for more than 8 months. thank you so much for your input.
What is your YOG and visa status?With your USCE, observership or externship? What specialty are those USCE that you have?
Only thru some connection imo...you have to get very very very lucky
Thank you for your concern, I am citizen, old graduate, but done residency back home, I don't have any preference, just one relatively fair to get in works for me. I can have contact, but only in areas of internal medicine. I have done all as shadowing. Thank you again.
What if I get high score in step 3 and do externship for 3+mo
please suggest
fix. you don't need to ask us for advice. your chances depend on personal contacts

the data is their to extrapolate.

http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...F-File.pdf

4 attempts puts you at a severe disadvantage. but you wouldn't be the first one to match.

good luck
you will be filtered out for attempts
you need to try and observe at some residency program so that they will know you on the personal level to give u chance
u also need some contacts.
just applying and hoping isn't enough
Thank you all. I will start on my contact early and I learned from Kash_md link that there are people with similar failed attempt who applied and even match. Thank you again
Hi,
I have same situation I am an old graduate more then 10 yrs i tried my luck three times for match but all fail.I have low scores 76,79 cs pass without any attempt i did pass step 3 with 89 and recently finished MPH.I am US citizen have some USCE I quit and left medicine field and decided pursue MPH but I am not satisfied and feel some thing lacking I really want to do medicine I really need some suggestion and motivation.Please email me any helpful info at jkhan1973. I would appreciate your help
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »