Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership in a big name vs hands on - aminsbt
Hey Guys,

which one do you think would be better, hands on in county hospital or observership in Mayo ?

Thank you.
Is county hospital, teaching hospital?
If county hospital is teaching hospital too, go for hands on.. If not teaching hospital observership anytime! coz I did the same mistake, I went for hands on in non teaching hospital, but there was no one to help me out with residency.
Thank you happy2015.
@happy 2015

U were able to get hands on experience in a hospital?

I was under the impression tht hospital don't allow hands on experience!! Whether it be county or big university!
Yes, like taking cases, going through EMRs and observing procedures. It was a good experience but there was no teaching faculty to help me out with connections. We need to purchase malpractice insurance and can do hands on.
Thank you happy2015 for your reply! do you have any suggestion for cheap malpractice insurance ?
Hospital had some malpractice insurance, i paid 300$ they took care of it.
Obs in a big name will help u more. Who writes the LOR and UNiversity name weighs more. I had a uni obs LOR and almost at every interview they asked me about my exp in that uni hospital.
Go to the hospital where you have a contact. Other doctors will treat you better more likely to lead to better teaching and LoR. My paid observership at university institution was a waste of time and it's because I knew no one there
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »