Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neuroscience Ph-D - faith3232
It's a 3 yrs Ph-D Program in neuroscience. Will it be helpful getting a residency spot. The University i ma going to apply will pay me $2000 stipend per month.
no one knows.

but ppl may help you if you give your stats.

scores, YOG, attempts, USCE or observerships, LoRs, any gaps in CV, number of times applying, desired specialty.
can you please explain a little bit how you got it ?

It could be useful.
Some residencies (especially universities) love people who are clinicians plus also researchers.
And also could help you for neurology residency
However a PHD utility is dependent on what is your basic application credentials. Becos for instance if you have multiple failures it might not necessarily help u. In that case u probably want people to know you clinically to give u a chance. The PHD would not prevent u from being screened out.
Either way...I think it is a useful degree. If you don't have residency...u can still pursue an academic career in this country
i did a Ph.D in Neuroscience. it helps a little in terms of standing out during interviews however, they care about your scores (step 1, 2ck) and your LORs much more. And if you're thinking of doing that before applying to residency don't waste your time. you can still publish and get paid more as a research assistant with having only a 1 year commitment as opposed to a 3 year commitment.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »