Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q@Qtime ⑦ - cardio69
An afebrile 3 m/o present to you because of persistent cough. On PE; temp 37.8C/100F per rectum tachypnea, inspiratory rales, cough repetitive and dry, with inspiration between each single cough and bilateral conjunctivitis. The rest of the PE is unremarkable. X-ray bilateral pulmonary infiltration and air trapping. CBC reveals eosinophil: 550 cells/mm3.

Dx?

a)Cystic fibrosis
b)Ascariasis (larval phase)
c)Chlamydial pneumonia
d)RSV
e)Bronchiolitis

_________________________________________72sec__________________________________
CCC
dd
@Rose;
A 5 m/o girl infant is brought to you with a 3 days history of wheezing, severe cough and respiratory distress. PE shows rhinitis, low oxygenation of blood and CO2 retention and fever note it. Few days later X-ray taken and reveals bilateral interstitial infiltrates with hyperexpansion. CBC reveals eosinophil: 379 cells/mm3?

Tell me whats most likely ethology infection here?

a) Rhinovirus
b) Parainfluenza virus
c) Adenovirus
d) Cytomegalovirus
e) Respiratory syncytial virus
f) Ascariasis (larval phase)
g) Chlamydial pneumonia
This case look like Bronchiolitis (RSV)
Yes that's yr RSV. Not 1st case. The 1st case infant present quite well & "A"febrile and Persistent cough that I describe rapid fire (STACCATO) and lab that demonstrate eosinophilia -> CHLAMYDIA PNEUMONIAE
You treated with erythro.

*C*
*E*
Correct.
________________________________________________________________________________Try the following Q not step1, worth to try.

Which of the following is indicated for the prevention of RSV in "high-risk" infants?

a) Vaccination against RSV
b) Prophylactic oral ribavirin
c) Rimantadine or oseltamivir
d) RSV-IVIG IV q 30 days
e) Palivizumab IV q 30 days

Ee
Why not D?
Option d is the latest Rx I know from my medical school knowledge.but here in usmle study material did not see. That's why I choose eeE
@cardio i have an idea . for 1st 6 month bay protected by motherIgG .during this time external IgG does not play any good role
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »