Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
observership / externship please help....plzzzz - newbieimtarget
Hi guys and all the seniors in the forum.
i have had hard time in looking for Observership and externship by myself..
I mailed quite afew pepl and also tried the help of my contacts...
But no luck yet...
I seriously Dunno what to do...i just need a start so that i have atleast some kind of experience..
Can anyone help me anyway of this frustration. .
I don't have thousands of dollars to spend but i know and trust my hard work that if i get into something I'll learn as much as i can...
I dunno why living outsise US it is so difficult to find such opportunities..please please if anyone can help me or guide me I'll be greatful...please anyone. .
Hi,
I totally feel what you are going through. Few months ago, I was dealing with the same issue. I had to ask my former primary care physicians to take me for observe/externships as I have zero connections to.
I also stopped sending emails, I just stop by hospitals or private offices, drop my cv and talk to doctors.
I hope this helps....
Thanx for replying buddy..... i would do that
Hello newbieimtarget.

Its better to do externship than observership as externship is a hands on clinical experience while observership is nothing more than shadowing ur doctor where he would not be ina position to evaluate your skill sets properly to write a GOOD LOR.

There is roger washington's clinic in santa clara, california, offer externship, which is a hands on clinical experience.
I did there & it was very much helpful to me.
I would suggest you to do this.
visit www.rogerwashington.com for more information.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »