Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri restricted license without residency - mdoid
Has anyone heard about this, someone told me if you work in Missouri under a doctor for a certain number of years you can get a restricted license after that provided you stay in the same rural area, after some time you can get a full license without doing a residency, mostly for family medicine, that's what i heard, I don't know if the legislation was passed or not, any body knows any recent updates?
yea so the legislation was passed and signed by the governor last year in july. you can just google it but the stipulation is that you have to first be approved by the state board of healing arts and then be supervised by a physician for 30 days. after which you can be no further than 50 miles away from you supervising/collaborating physician. they then have to monitor your notes.

all in all you'd be doing what a physician assistant would be doing. you will be supervised and will practice under their medical license like a physician assistant. the downside is also that you will be living in rural missouri which i'm not sure if you've been but it really blows. if you didn't match try again cause the stipulations on working under those conditions are just not worth it to me if you want to be a true physician and be treated like one.
awesome thanks, i wonder if telehealth with a Missouri licensed physician counts that will be something
I dont think you ever get unrestricted license or board certification through this pathway, correct me if I'm wrong.
It's a dead-end. Only good for temp until at least a match occurs with proper residency training. For which positions are tight because of "congress".
yes you will never get an unrestricted license or be board certified in anyway. to get both of those things you have to get into a residency program and complete it.
they are still working on the draft, but they are going to present it for the second time this May, even if it gets approved it will take 6-10 months before it becomes effective so a dead end for now.

http://pr.mo.gov/healingarts.asp
Any updates of on the bill they submitted on may ?
Its gonna take them at least an year before they legit the whole thing, so nope find another option
PASS YOUR EXAM NOW-NEW NON MATCH No RESIDENCY NEEDED LICENSES ARE NOW AVAILABLE in MO
i.e., as a backup plan there are 8000 positions now available in Missouri that are for those that do not match into ACGME residencies, but have passed steps 1 and 2-CK BUT THERE ARE WELL-DEFINED (2 and 3 year GRAD DATE & USMLE 1/2-CK PASSAGE LIMITS...RE:
This is an absolute reason for enrolling in our “IF YOU DO NOT PASS,YOU DO NOT PAY PROGRAM!...” RE:

From: The only 100% Guaranteed USMLE Passage Program in the USA
Today’s Date: 12/1/2017 11:43 AM
ID# (if applicable): N/A
Program identifier: USMLE composite program comprehensive course reviews; online and telephonic, financed or non-financed; will get you in a position to register for these 8000 slots (at least if you meet their time requirements that are very strict!)
Issues: Data overview for our program, scheduling your USMLE prep, getting your outcomes
Date of Event (s): Should fit into a 5 month start to finish, IMG passage of USMLE steps 1 and 2-CK, and the MO special registration processing scenario may commence!
Resolution: Get the ball rolling –ER!
Thank you.
Method: Contact us at six four one, seven one five, thirty nine hundred, ext nine five two, nine seven nine for a 22 minute podcast regarding this unique program, that was founded by an IVY League genius MD, and commenced 17 years ago, and has since never looked back!...

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »