Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are Dr.Brian interview classes? - nisha22
Useless. Use this money somewhere else. Lot of the answers Are wrong answers.
and some could be adv by the same ppl. so use your judgement.. thats all i can say
On the dream path to residency, I've spent lot of money..
What ever you touch cost you $$$$.
Starting from initial application, registration, verification, exam fee, Kaplan course fee, CS - exam + ticket + hotel, observerships, Application, IVs..

But only thing I regret or I wish I could get the money back is from this course. I wish I have listened to my gut feeling rather than fake stories before joining the prep course.

Anyways.. past is past. Gone $ will never come back. But I thought I will post this. so future aspiring doctors may benefit. Good Luck All!!
Are you guys crazy for spending so much money for interview skills ????? Seriously. I am really shocked to see how many IMGs spend hard earned money on useless crap that is available in this country for free and online.

Many reputed medical schools have Medical School Resume format online available for free- Duke, Harvard, Emory...you name it. Pick any you like and carefully make one yourself. Take it to a local librarian or any university library and have it spell checked and check for grammar. Almost all colleges/universities have English Departments and writing clinics where they can help you for free or for a small amount ( $ 30- 40 ) bucks. The same writing clinics can help you with personal statements as well.

Interview skills. - There are so many Ted videos, You tube videos on how to dress well, how to speak, how to answer questions and how to deal with residency interview. Find few friends or family members and practice. On top of this, there are tons of interview questions available on AAFP and many medical association websites.

At the end of the day, it is your money. Use it wisely. I never knew IMG's spend so much on application when it can be used for something useful.
good information
Glad that I didn't join.

Good info resmatch16 ... jennashell
My 2 cents, 3000 for IV clases is just a scam, don't waste your money
Whats Promised:
~The 5-Day IV Prep w/DrBrian Course
~1-on-1 Advising/Planning Session
~1-on-1 Training Session
~12 months of guidance & mentoring with DrBrian to strengthen you application
~ Group Practices, Mock Interviews & Video Analysis until your last IV
~Personal Statement Assistance (For additional $1000)
~PRIORITY Access to our Alumni Resident Network
~Our Match Guarantee: This course qualifies for our 'Match Guarantee'. We'll help you with interviews until you Match.

Whats Delivered:
~The 5-Day IV Prep w/DrBrian Course:
The 5 days class was so-so.. Actual content was so minimal.. the class was dragged with so many unrealistic examples - that will never happen. Bragging and claims on what he did or students did during IV - which if you think with your calm mind will never ever happen.. And even if it had happened before - will never ever repeat.. so basically those examples and so called "strategies" will not be useful for those attending the session.

What he successfully do in 5 days - Overwhelm you with information - mostly false or unrealistic. Intimidate you. Make you feel you are nothing.. you cannot do interview without his help. Again "Intimidate" you. Give hope that he will fix everything. What ever you were doing is wrong. You didn't match last year - because you failed to deliver in IV - not because your CV is strong enough.. not because you didn;t have enough USCE.. not because you didn't have research experience and/or publications... Reality - at the end everything counts. You need to first have a strong CV to give a strong IV. that's fact accept it.. Once you accumulate
what is needed.. improve your CV.. you will automatically deliver and give a good IV.

I am not giving out any specifics of the 5 day IV Prep class here. And I never will. The intention of this review is not to bring him down. The intention is to say honestly what I think. The information in the 5 days class is an accumulation of what is already out there in the Internet.. nothing new.. but he spent some time to accumulate those.. Any one of us can also do the same.. So I am not spoon feeding you with that.. do the work,, it won;t take weeks to gather the information.. couple of days of dedicated research will help you gather this information and then you can practice on your on. so you work hard - as you always do.. otherwise you wont reach this point.

~1-on-1 Advising/Planning Session
~1-on-1 Training Session
Hahaha.. this is joke. Never happened.. Not to me.. Not to any of my session mates.. Not to any of the doctors who enrolled more than a year in advance. So not much to write here.. This ain;t gonna happen..

~12 months of guidance & mentoring with DrBrian to strengthen you application
This is another joke.. There is no personalized mentoring or guidance available. If he meant the class that happens once every 5-6 week for your session/batch.. I will cover that in the next point.

~ Group Practices, Mock Interviews & Video Analysis until your last IV
but unlike the above points this happens.. but not the same way you understood or expect after reading the promise. You get to meet or have a session.. roughly once in 5-6 weeks.. But guess what.. there are another 15-20 ppl on your session waiting for the same.. So you will have a 4-5 hour session.. for the group of 15-20 ppl..
How it works - you come prepared for the questions.. waiting to deliver..
He picks his favorite 3-4 ppl first.. (the smarter ones in class) spends some time with each.. some time 45 mins to 1 hour for the same person. Tells what ever feedback I give is applicable to all.. Other wait for the chance that never gets. Once time run out - or his energy drains out.. he picks the 5th person - who is the "bakra" Finds lot of fault on the answer... he changes himself to a voilent man.. curses him.. blasts him rather than helping him Everybody in the class stays quiet.. thinking that the 5th person came unprepared and changed his mood.. and somehow in the back of the mind blames him.. The class is not realizing this is part of his game.. session time is over.. more than 10 ppl are waiting "to practice/to get advice/or to get guidance".. he dont have a reason to give them..so he plays this trick everytime... create a mess and run away.. the poor 10+ ppl will think next session they will get preference or start first.. you are wrong.. when the next session happens.. which is again roughly 4-6 week later.. he will again start with the favourite 4.. and repeats the mess..

Who needs help - the weakest team member in the class..
Who he picks and tries to help - the strongest in the class
So if you an average conversant and think you need some help - you will never get any..

~Personal Statement Assistance (For additional $1000)
Yes, you need to pay another 1000 for this service. Seiously 1000$$$$ for this..
Do I need to say more????

~PRIORITY Access to our Alumni Resident Network
There is not much here as well.. There are doctors who attended his course before as current residents..
But not much help you get from them. Most of the resident doctors won't respond to his requests - eitehr because they also feel like I do and dont want to help him or his students.. or they may be busy.. I dont know.. There are very few who responded.. which you an easily count with your fingers.. and they offered to have a Q&A session with the doctors who got IV there.. If you lucky and got a responding resident - just to keep the expectations right - this is going to be just a Q&A.. I am not saying I was expecting more.. Q&A itself is good... But you should not misinterpret this as getting an IV where they are working. or they will put in a good word for you.. Again.. I was not expecting they will do that for you.. just to set the expectations of every one

~Our Match Guarantee: This course qualifies for our 'Match Guarantee'. We'll help you with interviews until you Match.

Yes, officially there is this option.. But after what I have said before.. do you really want to stick with him on the unfortunate event that you didn;t match this year. There is nothing more to gain here.. Move on guys..
The un-expected part:

Ego/Arrogance:
He don't have the basic quality needed for the tutor. He is the not the same person you see on the Info Sharing session.. he acts nice and cool..
In practice rather than working on the content on your answer or the delivery of your answer - you need to work on satisfying his ego.

Time:
He don't have any value for time. You have enrolled to this course the same time you are doing observerships. He will set the session (After the 5 days session) at any time of the day.. It may start at 12PM or 1PM EST or may start at 10PM EST and go till 2AM EST You will mess up your observership and LOR if you try to fit in to his schedule.. that too without any advance notice.. And it changes too 10 mins before the start of the session.. Once it was like this.. The session was shceduled to start at 12 EST. I took off from Observership.. since it was last min the Dr was not happy to grant me this.. I could feel that..
11:50 AM got a message on fb- that the session got postponed to 5PM..
4:55 got another message that the session postponed to 9TongueM
Then the session finally started at 10:10PM.. and there was a post at 10:07 that he is going to open the classroom.. and what happend from 9PM to 10:07PM.. no updates.. you were just waiting.. and the funny part.. he posts.. he will lock the class room at 10:15PM and wont allow anyone to join after 10:15.. so join quick.. this is just the beginning of the unprofessionalism.. not a one time.. all sessions were rescheduled or postponed at the last minute.. and class room locked after 10 mins..
His policy - You are late if you are late to join by 1minute.. But he never keep time..

Respect:
He treats you like shit.. We are Doctors.. We cannot be treated shitty .. that too someone we paid..
Mr.B - If you are reading this.. I know you will.. you spend more time on forumn than the time you spend on class.. you spend more time on this forum than any one of us.. So to be cleae... We PAID YOU.. You are living with our money,, It is not the other way around.. Come to earth.. Take a deep breath,, and come to the ground..you will realoze the facts.. If some party is dependent.. It is YOU!!

Asking for Review:
He start to ask review even before the 5 days class is over..
Indirectly he force you to post review so that he will help you..
He mentioned multiple times in class.. and also posted on the FB private group he created that
1. He will give special attention to those who posts review
2. On next session, he will not forget those who posted review
He gives a hope that he will give attention only to those who put nice review..
He will recommend those reviewers to ex-alumni to get IVs (It was another false promise. Many of the reviewers on his fb page must have realized this by now)

Most of his reviews are pre-mature reviews.. before the course ends.. not after you Match.. That itself speaks many things.. that how he is getting those false reviews..
how he exploits once situation to get those reviews..
If it is real review - or somebody got really helped from him.. they would have posted after the IV season or once they match.. But there is absolutely no reviews at that stage..
You should know by now.. what is the value of those reviews..

Conclusion:

Stay Away.. The course is not worth.. It is not worth spending neither your time (5 days and the torture classes later on) or hard earned money for this course. I will consider recommending this as an option.. Only if the same thing can be delivered in 2 days and not more than 250.. or max 300... But no way I am suggesting here it is worth that much.. In case you are lazy and dont want to research on your own... spending 2 days or couple of hundred dollars is worth.. that's it.. Best - if you dont attend this even if it is $250.. for the reasons I stated above and lot more reasons that I didn;t mention in the review regarding his past..
It is a long post.. But my 2 cents to future doctors not to be scammed..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »