Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step-3 2nd attempt (in 4 days!), need advice - psychhdoc
Hi guys,
I'm new here. So first of all good luck to everyone who is working hard to beat this beast!Smile)
I'm in my 3rd year Psych residency. I'm an old IMG (2007!). Passed Step 1&2 in 2010 w/ average scores (200s; guess I'm a bad 'test-taker' despite studying hard). Failed Step 3 in Oct 2014. The 2nd attempt of My Step-3 date is scheduled for May 30th/June 1st. Scored 194 on UWSA 2 days ago. I'm concerned if I should go ahead or should I read more (although I'm already tired. And not sure HOW much studying/revising more would help!!). Currently studied for 4 (w/residency!). Did UWorld once (Avg 62%), revised my UW notes, studied Premier Reviewx2, did CCS 52 UW cases. (If I have to..) I can extend it only until 27th June (which is the last day of my next 2 week vacation, which starts after 9 days of work!). Or should I give another assessment (NBME?) in a day or two to reassess? Also, are there any other assessments besides NBME form 3/UWSA?

Thank you SO much for your suggestions.
studied for 4 months* (typo)
is your uworld 62%: random, timed, 2block back to back per day?
@nkc- No. Systemwise, timed. Did about 2 blocks/day w/ reviewing
Give another / NMBE assessment as 194 was not reliable predictor of passing.
Also do another mixed tour all UW q with all previous marked -> so you shall get new almost 1500 q mixed for timed test, if your scores now range 70-90 and over you are ready if they are again 60 repeat it. And I need partner for NMBE 3 disscussion let me know, skype id
vivalavictoria just announce psychhdoc, I will be available from June 3rd, but we can arrange plan sooner.
I took step 3 the second tume in May and AH i passed!!! 1st attempt: 187 , result came back in end of march. I took it again in 1st week of May and bybgrace of God i passed 209. I restudied for 1 month while doing my redidency. Just repeated the same stuff i did last time. Did First aid and UWorld both time. Im sooo happy Smile
@Smooth_er- I like that idea. Thank you! Did you mean taking another assessment in a day or 2? And taking my final step on the currently scheduled date? Or did you mean taking it after I'm done w/ more reading and practising (as you suggested; after a possible extension of approx 3 weeks!)?

@eszee- Thank you so much for sharing. And heartiest congratulations!!!🍻👍🏼. What were your assessment scores? And which ones you took, if any? Did they correlate?
@smooth_er- Also, I'm in for that NBME discussion. Email me @Ashutoshh9
I did only Uworld self assessment this time... Got 219... As far as i know NBME's dont correlate tht much so i didnt go for it...i was getting 80's in my uworld qbank the second time.
@eszee- Thanks for sharing! I guess UWSA is always +/- 5 to 10 points! I am inclined towards extending my date by 2-3 weeks now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »