Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000$ for an observership - vpjcsj
hi I'm an IMG grad in 2011 i have 227 in step 1, 223 in step 2ck, passed cs in the second attempt. I have usce with a physician but not in a university affiliated hospital.

1. How are my chances of matching in im
2. I recently saw an advertisement which offers imgs observership in teaching hospitals for 2000$. I want to know if it'd be worth it spending so much

I'd be great full to know your responses
2000 Dollards sounds really expensive to me, I assume is probably a shot rotation. In my experience USCE is really important to get a more competitive application, I guess if you don't have any other option go for it.

My opinion about asking, "what are my chances, here are my numbers" is nonsense, nobody can predict the future, scores and yogs are not the only parameters that programs look for in candidates, if you really want to get it, go for it , there is no other way to know

2000 is a lot.
I recommend you continue searching for the observership spot.
It is hard to find, but it is what you can do now. Unless you have 2000 to spare
And yes, it is better to do observership with somebody affiliated with an academic program because most a times residencies will consider their letter highly than somebody in a private office
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »