Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lor Question? - faithfulgod
Hello all, Please a quick question about LORS
If the physician gives us the letter in our hands, is it OK that we upload it ourselves? Don't know how it works
Thanks for your reply
no it's never ok to upload it yourself. and you can't anyways since ERAS doesn't allow for that. you have to give it to a third party or to your school's administration office.
oh thank you akim
what kind of third party? please elaborate.. Also we can also ask the doctor to upload it for us.. Right?
of course you can upload it yourself through ECFMG, and then ECFMG will post it to ERAS, the same way I did my MSPE. But when you're registering your LOR writers, make sure you select that LOR is not waived if you will be uploading yourself.
well yes you can technically upload it yourself. but that's pointless since the weight and credibility of the letter loses all significance.

and please waive your right to see it. if you don't then the programs will see that and think that you didn't trust the letter writer and that something is wrong with you and thus making your whole application weaker.

and yes the attending can upload it on your behalf. just give him the instructions on how to do so. i believe on ERAS there is a letter you can print out with instructions that give him their own personal pin and login so they can logon and upload it for you.

summary: waive your right and ask someone who you know will write an excellent letter. there's no point in not waiving your right and asking someone who you don't trust completely in terms of writing a good letter.
ok thanks alot @akim11 (:
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »