Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ca letter - maher87
please anyone applied for California letter? Can you tell us more about it? How long it takes? What is the requirements?
I read about it but it is so complicated if there is anyone can make it easy...
i did. go to the following website for specific instructions.

http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applicants/Physici..._Surgeons/

but the california letter also known as the PTAL is a requirement for all IMG's that is needed in order to apply to ALL residency programs in california. without it you will not get an interview or be ranked by the program. some will make an exception if you got the process started but none will rank you without it completed.

basic requirements includes passing step 1, 2ck, 2cs. med school diploma and official transcript. and ECFMG certificate.

i applied august of 2014 and finally got it in january of this year. so it took about 6 months.
Thank you. ..
I read that website. .. wow it takes long time
so if u don't have it u can't apply for residency in CA
well some programs will still consider giving you an interview if you got the process started (meaning paying for the application fee and submitting the initial application). you just have to call the ones you intend on applying to for their policy.
So overall, do you think dose it worth to start applying for that now? can we get it ready for 2016 match?
yea absolutely. but only as long you will have completed step 2 ck, cs, and have graduated by say october/november of this year since they will not process and complete your application until they have received those things. and once they do it takes them about 3 months to process everything.

if you already meet these requirements then absolutely apply right now. but if you don't then make sure to have everything completed by october/november since it will take them as long as 3 months (sometimes they complete it sooner) so that you will have it in time before each program submits their final rank list.
akim11, Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes. I have already met all those credentials, but you said for you it took 6 month, right?
yea but mine was on the long end. expect at least 3-4 months up to 6 months. so apply right now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »