Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@drbacchi - lunaohio
hello I follow u gave good advice to people . I am an old grad not yet complete any steps almost near to step 1 but when I think my year of graduation then I think I am doing wrong. I don't need visa . GC help in residency at all? moved Usa recently . what should I do ? give up ? I don't look old but on paper I am very old (joking)
Focus on your USMLE steps, do an NBME self assessment before writing Step 1, aim for 240+, dont settle for a bad score (postpone the exam if you have to). It will require hard work. I would just focus on Step 1 for now, its the most important single factor for residency interview selections. You might be filtered out by some based on your year of graduation, but matching is definitely possible.

After the USMLE step 1 exam you can think about other things like US Clinincal Experience etc.. having a green card definitely helps you, since many programs dont sponsor visas. What specialty are you applying to?
Thank u for inspiring me . sometimes I become amotivated seeing my future. By the way don't take it otherwise pl, do u do tutoring?
Good luck with your studies. USMLE Steps are the foundation for your application, do well in those and you will do fine. There is no way around that fact. Being an old grad is a small negative, but combined with great scores it wont matter that much. Combine it with a bad score, and you will have a very tough road ahead. Just my 2 cents.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »