Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Interns: what will you wear for the first day? - plsmtch
Most of us will start orientation week soon. Just wondering what you guys plan to wear? Formal? Semi-formal? Casual?

Cant wait to get a lab coat with my name on it! Exciting!!!

Best of luck to all!!!
All this will be told to you during your orientation, it depends on what your rotation is.
All the best as you get set to start an exciting new chapter in your life
I was told by a cardiology fellow PGY7 that during orientation we can wear whatever we want, even jeans.

but I would love to hear some other people's opinion.
I'm sorry I missed your original question, you were asking about orientation outfit.
Try not to wear jeans IMHO. Semi formal is perfect.
stop overthinking things. last thing we want to be is a stereotypical "nervous IMG"

just wear what you would wear any day to clinic-- business casual as said.

come one....
I agree that Jeans is too casual. Don't do it and I surely won't do it. I was just saying what I was told. The morale being that there is no specific outfit for orientation.
I agree with attempt, semi-formal is perfect.
can never go wrong with business casual
Tie or no tie?
Our new internes during the orientation would wear office type outfits. Guys were wearing ties but there was no requirement as to what to wear. In general, hospital's policy would outline no jeans, no shorts, no mini skirts, no revealing outfits for women. Definitely business casual would be perfect. For girls: no flip flops, or sandals, toes should be completely covered. And no wearing any fragrance.
Don't wear jeans.
Dresss professionally all times at the premises of the hospital whether you are seeing patient or not
You need pants and long sleeve shirt.
You likely do not need a tie, but it is your first day better to overdress than underdress
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »