Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cae - kelpatel
what is the indication for CAE (carotid Art Embolect)

I have some sources say 70% + sympto, but i just did a q on UW and it says 60% regardless of Symptoms

Any inputs?

xyz
yes you are right but here i know we get confused and think that it shud have been other way round that is 60% symptomatic and 70% asmtomatic/ and we are confused and say is there a mistake in the question ?

answer is ther is no no mistake. it is 70% symptomatic and 60% asyptomatic as it is written.

60% pt we do operation and mortality and morbidity is drastically reduced by this operation and their chance of stroke is also decreased drastically and operation is fruit ful in the long run.

but if pt is asyptomatic and 70% AND WE DO THE OPERATION THERE IS NO BENEFIT IN MORTALITY AND MORBIDITY, so that pt is not going to thank you nowbecause there was no symtoms at all. pt will not thank you because his long term risk of stroke is same even you operate him because his atherosclerosis is already advanced.

but same pt of 70% symtomatic if we operate at least his symtoms will go away and his life will be easier and he will thank you too.
kelpatel if you read carefuly and serially only you will understand

sorry it s my fault
so more than 60% do the operation since it decr mortality and morb, if 70% asympto then don't coz it doesn't decr M&M, but if sympto more than 60% do it regardless.

So when do you stent instead of embolectomy?
thrombolytics.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »