Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't waste money on Ptal!!! - slick
I had once person like slick
n i gave up on PTAL, even reading much about it

Can you please answer a few questions so i read more about PTAL
q1 how much time it takes for PTAL . If i apply now will i be able to use it for this year match.
q2 do you need Social Security Number for it , any way around SSN ?

kindly share any simple link explaining it , so i spend time on it as well ,
we need for fellowships as well , so q1 is not much important
can some answer q2 pls
Is it a one time fee, or would I have to renew it when it comes time for fellowship if I consider Cali programs the ?
@kash, in that case you will have to pay for the full liscence
@kash_md - the $491 is a one time fee. if you get your PTAL the $491 you pay will go towards your full license fee. meaning if you paid the $491 they will subtract that from the full fee that is required. if you don't pay for the PTAL you will have to pay the full amount.
Thanks for the reply's

so if I am following you guys correctly if I do PTAL now and pay the 491 it will be valid in 3 or 4 years time should I decide to apply to fellowship.

With PTAL i can apply to california fellowship programs and theoretically should I match and decide to matriculate as a fellow in California I would then have to pay for a california trainee license less the 491 dollars I paid?
@kash_md - so for the PTAL it needs to be renewed every year until you are eligible for full licensure which i believe is your second year of residency. and every year you have to submit just updates stating what you are doing by updating your CV and timeline and submitting it to the board. but after your second year you are eligible for full licensure.

and yes if you pay for the PTAL now that amount will be subtracting from the full licensure fee.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »