Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why would anyone be forced to resign? - sherlock
people who were forced to resign from residency, could you please tell us what could possibly happen so that events turn that way?
I don't want in any way meddle in your personal lives, but please tell us what mistakes not to do in order to avoid this misfortune.

I came across a forum where available positions were announced but this forum won't let me write it down

(http) dash dash forums DOT studentdoctor DOT net/forums/internship-residency-and-fellowship-positionsDOT 290/
work hard and don't do any thing idiotic, you will be fine. Very few get fired - and there's a reason that happens.
They F&$@ up. I don't buy it, when portraying themselves as victims.

They were lazy, arrogant, or did not adapt to the system, it is on them
Step3 please be humble and exchew arrogance.
You cannot feel what others feel until you are in their shoes.
Even though it's true that there has to be something very significant to be fired.... However having just completed residency I have noted how easily one could be on remediation due to to silly things like colleague residents not liking you, not fitting in due to age, religion, sex. I saw people having a hard residency just because nurses didn't like them or because they rubbed somebody the wrong way in the first week

Go to residency give it your best shot. But understand that many brilliant people have gone through hell and could happen to you. Make sure that if it ever happens to you , you will be ready fir it and adapt. A lot of times people are in shock and in denial and it's hard to overcome
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »