Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 yrs after graduation - neutrophil9
It has been 16 years after graduation. I had to provide for a family so I could not apply because of financial problems. What do you think? I want to do emergency medicine residency or intensive care fellowship. I don't even know where to star? Should I apply for the newcoming match that I have just heardSmile or should I pass step 3 first? I wish I had somenone like me beside me.
@istanbul

my friend----step 3 is vital---------and having contacts is oxygen ---to get residency if lonnnnnnnng delay after med school-------

we r not in a position to choose any speciality-------one wd be luckiest one if get what he/she wants

good luck--just do not give up ---keep trying

@ istanbul

step 3----vital
contacts====== oxygen

to get residency
not in a position to choose any speciality

get whatever u get----wd b luckiest one if get what u want---good luck

just do not give up---keep trying

Im sorry to hear about your situation. I am in a similar situation and now I have nearly given up the match. But still I hope I will get matched next year. Can you please tell me the name of the job you are currently doing and how to apply for such jobs ? Because I think it may be an alternate carrier path. Thanks in advance.
Guys don't be choosy with your score. Be realastic. Getting into any residency is furtune. You just have to be realastic . My scores are above 215 and didn't match in first try though have 4 IV in med and Peds . I did extent ship in psy and match to uni program. I have started my residency and I am happy now.
My point if you don't have good scores, focus in 1 specialty. Do externship or observer ship. If you can do observer ship in Zuckerhill, probability of matching is more than 70%. This yr 90% of them matched. I didn't do there.

If you go through previous post, there are amazing stories which can inspire everyone. People being matched after 5 th try

Good luck guys
Congrats on your successful career and perseverance.

No difference be GC and U.S. Citizen so that doesn't help you.

Outside of a really strong contact, it's will be ever more difficult as more time has elapsed.

Unfortunately the match has gotten much more competitive, and passing usmle scores much much higher.

Good luck
Neutophil9 contact me , I was also graduated the same time you did, and trying to gather courage to apply this year sky id: sohni1238
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »