Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxic resident - muse30
Be careful with indian in ur residency training program. They are really toxic people in residency. They will try to make other look bad for them to appear as good, they will smile with u and talk behind your back. they will stive to be PD 's friend in order to make false report on other residents. they will do a lot of crazy thing. In our program we do have a few and they create an hostile environment. these are the people u need to know to avoid and get to know how to deal with them. they are bad even with their own people. All of this so that they can be a chief resident. They will start fighting,make false statement starting july 1. So be aware.
cannot agree more with it
agree, and programs know about this also.

So thrue, in my program one of them come to us,tell me which resident do you hate?, what you think about resident A? And then start saying lot of bad thing about that person. and they all the same. So be careful.
I can't speak about residency.

But in my lab there was a lot of drama between the Indian Residents. However, they get along with everyone else, but both are competing with each other and relish every opportunity to make each other look dumb.

One was successful, and the other lab member is moving on
Can u believe a single person saying bad thing about each and everyone in a single program?
With that said, in no way do I think this is true for Indian, Pakistani, Arab or any IMGs.

I just think that when we go to IMG heavy programs, we revert back to our attitudes in our home countries, where doctors have a total disregard for professionalism, talk about other physicians, patients etc.

My point is, put that X resident who you think is "toxic" in an AMG dominated residency program and I doubt you'll have such issues
If you have an argument with that toxic"A". He or she gonna make a drama and tell each and everyone bad thing about you.
Above mentioned behavior does get better with time ( for sure), this country teaches many things.

I hope I do not become this kind of person ever.I am sorry for you to have this kind of experience.

but I neither wish become a person who generalizes this to people from a certain background. It's called profiling.
There are good people and bad people. I hope you along with bad resident in your program change their attitude. I really hope that this country makes you realize that both these practices are bad, may get temporary glory

Remember hard work never goes in vain.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »