Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best time for observership. - arunima
hi guys,

I am an IMG,2014 batch. i would like to know whether there is any sequence of taking the steps and to do the observership?

i have a senior who recently got matched. he suggested me to do the observership after the step 1 and go for the cs sfter that. how do people pay for the expenses during the observerships? Can we get some job out there while doing the observerships?
please help !!!
No you cannot get a job, a) you won't have time b) it's illegal

this is a very cost prohibitive process, just on examinations, airfare, lodging and prep materia; CS you are talking about at least 4 to 5 grand.

Unfortunately the costs keep on adding up after this, observerships, lodging, application, interviews flights can add another 3 grand to very very high numbers.

I believe my estimates are conservative too as many observerships charge high fees and or require medical malpractice, I would utilize contacts to find free observerships. Externships through agencies are probably something you don't want to look into if you are concerned about money
Thanks a lot for the info !! All the best .
Hello Arunima,

If you are looking for a observership, i can help you to get one.
its a externship program ( not observership, hope you know the difference)
I did there & it was very much helpful to me even i was assured to be furnished with a very good LOR.
www.rogerwashington.com
( visit this web site, you will have all the information how to apply)

I am helping others as someone also helped me during this phase.
believe in "good Karma"
@kash_md

whay do you say it is illegal to do any job. Did you say that due to visa restrictions.. like H4 where you are not supposed to work

what if you have an EAD and completed Step-1
Thank you usmle princess.. God bless you .
@2015 match.

I didn't say that. please re read the OPs situation and my response. Coming to do observerships in America is not a work study situation. In fact, if you cannot demonstrate the adequate funds you will be rejected. My friend lost his shot at CS this summer because he didn't have enough $ in the bank, the embassy did not care.

I don't know the particulars of those types of visas. Would be best to consult someone who has been in that situation or a lawyer

good luck to all
@usmleprincess if you really want to help arunima you would get her a free externship or tuition reduction at the clinic you are so good at promoting, that would be excellent karma
@Kash_Md

Agreed.. considering her situation.. Coming for observerships in America is not a work-study

However, if you are on right Visa or EAD and you can find a job - it is allowed to do so and not illegal..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »