Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need serious help... - kiranrathi89
hello all,
I am an IMG..I have really low scores on step 1 and step 2.
I have 220 on step 1 and CK.
CS passed in first attempt.
205 in step 3.
I have no US clinical experience,just home country LORS.
I tried to find US experience but couldn't do so.
Are there any chances for me to secure an interview in family medicine or pediatrics.
Should i apply with these credentials or would it be a waste of money??
thanks
When is your graduation date.

You need to secure observerships for the next application cycle at least (you need to think that far ahead), as there are many available, yes they cost money (can be very cost prohibitive) but the waiting list maybe 3 - 12 months.

I would contact these numerous programs and ask to be put on waiting list as many ppl cancel

I would apply this year but FM from what ppl say is keen on USCE. I really don't know enough but I think you have a shot at IMG friendly IM programs because you are 1) done with step 3 2) depending on your YOG

thanks for the reply..
i graduated in 2012..
hello kiranrathi,

To be honest, home LORs carry very little significance. USCE and or Research/ publication put someone in added advantage.

I know an externship program ( not observership, hope you know the difference). Its in california
I did there & it was very much helpful to me even i was assured to be furnished with a very good LOR.
www.rogerwashington.com
( visit this web site, you will have all the information how to apply)

or mail address is drrdub ( first write a mail stating that you are interested in externship)
I knew many IMGs who got matched did there externship here. I am applying this year.

NB:I am helping others as someone also helped me during this phase.
believe in "good Karma"
Dont do Dr. Roger's externship or observership whatever. He is a private physician and just extracts money. It will not help you. Look for volunteering or shadowing in Universities.
usmleprincess is a dumb spammer, OP don't listen to anything she says

1) read what ray123 wrote
2) observership at Uni > externship at private clinic (apparently she doesn't know the difference)
3) USMLEprincess, to be honest if you think LoRs carry little significance then please keep your honesty, I mean lies to yourself, getting sick of you and your spam

LORS are very important, don't believe me, see what program directors say

http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...t-2014.pdf

Research, pubs mean very little if you aren't competitive for a Uni/High caliber community program, with your scores I would focus on USCE which should translate into LoRs which are very important.

4) usmleprincess I wish nothing but bad karma on your for spreading lies and deceit in the name of your stupid externship under the guise of helping people.
thanks a lot kash_md..
To kash_md

pls read carefully dear. I wrote "home LOR" i.e LOR from Native country( in this case i believe India) carries little significance.

I never said LORs ARE NOT IMPORTANT.

To ray123

I knew 2 people ( IMGs) who did there externship & got matched in 2015 ( in medicine)
Externship is always better than volunteering or shadowing. Pls tell me a good university hospitals where you can do volunteering or shadowing for free?
A well writtern home LoR carries more significance then your private practice experience.

Just because someone matched from there who attended, does not mean they matched because of their one month paid private practice experience.

stop spamming the site.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »