Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try this - kebi
even after u have spoken extensively , a competent 26 yr old woman who is 38 wks pregnant,,refuses to consent to a cesarian section that is necessary to save the babys life, what will u do????

a. get a court order to do the procedure

b. have the father consent the procedure

c. contact a law enforcement agency

d. call a consultation liason pyshiatrist

e. contact a social service agency

E or D?
d/
The mom can decide fate of the fetus till it's born. False or True?
A).
The baby's life is in danger. If it were an emergency , the physician would be required to just cary on the procedure.... But since its not an IMMEDIATE threat, the physician should get a court order. Its written in Kaplan Ethical and Legal Issues..But its a little girl not a fetus...So not sure about it...
D) also seems like a resonable answer....
e.

the word "competent" is a key. competent vs. minor or mentally/physically disable.
when the pt. is considered a competent adult, means she/he has a right to voluntarily consent, refuse to consent or even withdraw consent anytime prior the procedure. Now, it is the physician's responsibility to inform the pt. about the Dx, Tx, alternative Tx's, risk & benefits of the procedure. That's why it's also called "Informed consent". Also pt. must be informed what will happen if she/he doesn't consent to the procedure. I think here is assumed that the Doc. after trying to make her understand the issue, ask for social sevice help since it is not an emergency at this point. But if this was an emergency and the 2nd option,social worker wasn't available, Doc. had to go with pt's. decision.
i think its E
a,i think answer is A,question explains urgency of procedure,and risk involved to fetus,
what is the social service agency going to do here ?
nobody think it is B? the fater should have 1/2 of the right.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »