Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please bear with my simple question... - medfq
-after ecfmg certification....we can say we are medical graguate...right...??
-when we can add title DR. with our name.
-when we can add title MD with our name.

thanks a lot
MD is the degree awarded by your medical school, you can use MD after your name in the US even if your school awarded you MBBS, MUDr, lek., cand.med., dr.med. Since these are MD equivalents.

You cannot however use it in a clinical setting if you dont have a medical license (or currently in training).
in usa in clinical settings...after ecfmg certification and passing step3 (w/out being in residency/clinical training)....could i put MD with my name.?? thanks
it wouldn't be wise to put an MD after your name in a clinical setting if you do not have a trainee license or physician license.

for example, I am doing research, my position could technically be filled by a college graduate. I don't put MD after my name, because its not the role I play in my hospital.

why open yourself up to legal complications.
-yah that is the reason i put up the qs, because it would look odd to put some title with my name, which i do not deserve in the 1st place. thanks docs
one more qs.
-do we get some kind of certificate after pssing step3 exam.??
You're MD especially in your home country; but as been told by other users, it would be misleading to use MD in USA since you're not licensed or in training.
No, you won't be given a certificate after you pass step 3 only. Step 3 is just a one of the requirements for state license. You will get certificate after pass step 3 and finish board training.
DOCS........thanks a lot every one
this poor guy is scared to ask one more qs.

i am ecfgm certified....would it be okay/odd to write title DR with my name.??

thanks
need to add.....i am looking/submitting applications for a medical/paramedical related job in the USA these days.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »