Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice - ladyravalo
I passed Usmle step 1,2 in 2002, then passed Csa 2012, I need to know if I'm still qualified to apply matching ? I need to find out before I shell out anymore money for the applications. Pls advice.thanx guys
You need to provide the following info
(1) 3 digit scores of Steps 1, 2 CK (and the number of attempts)
(2) Year of graduation
(3) If you have any clinical experience in the US
My score is 207 for both step 1&2, graduated in 1999, plan to get externship this year for u.s clinical experience but I need to know my chances or if I'm still eligible before I shell out anymore money.thanx a lo

Are you ECFMG certified?

You wrote CS 10 years after your step 1. I know that you need to complete all steps in 7 years. Call ECFMG to clarify if your step 1 is still valid.

If you have an ECFMG certificate then the above doesn't matter. If not then you need to clarify with ECFMG

As long as you have the ECFMG certificate or all tests till valid, you should be eligible. Getting in....there is no guarantee for anybody
@ladyravalo Your scores are not very competitive and YOG is > 10 years. You are likely to be screened out at a lot of programs. Decision to spend more money is yours. I am just providing candid advise. Step 3 and USCE may help your case. Building contacts too. People have been known to match with ever 'lesser' creds than yours (just search this forum). Have a focus and good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »