Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need urgent advice - beet
hi everyone
i have query about LOR.I dont have any US LOR,so should i apply this year for residency or should i wait?what are my chances of being selected?( step scores are average)
will appreciate ur replies
You know the drill ... give details : 3 digit scores of steps taken, CS?, numbers of attempts, YOG.
STEP 1 224, STEP 2CS PASSED IST ATTEMPT, STEP2 CK 235,YOG 2012
For the upcoming 2016 match, your number of years since graduation is
For the upcoming 2016 match, your number of years since graduation is less than 5 years. You've got the scores and no attempts. I'm assuming you are applying for 1 of primary care specialties (IM, Peds, FM)? Step 3 will boost your profile as will USCE. To answer your original question, yes you should get IVs. However always strive to make your profile more competitive but you are in good shape.
Thanks a lot @sick
so i should go ahead and apply this year? even with no usce ..
and do u have any idea about the whole expenses related to this whole applying process approximately?(like tokens and all programs in total)
I am not endorsing your strategy but I believe you should get a few IVs (remember getting IVs is one aspect, impressing them to get ranked high enough is another).
Your other questions can be easily answered by searching this forum and googling.
get some LORs from a local clinic, something is better than nothing
@mdoid thanks..will definitely try to..
I am in the same condition as you are...Just that my scores are little less than your scores.Did you manage to get any observerships so far??
In which specialities will you be applying??

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »