Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding volunteering and ERAS... - mapster10
Hello everyone, I have been volunteering at my preceptor's office since graduating. Basically, I have been taking history's, doing physical exams, writing SOAP notes and prescriptions. Basically doing everything you do in a clinical clerkship except I am doing it at a higher level.

My question is what should I write as my position? So far, I am thinking "volunteer physician" but I am not sure if that sounds right. Any ideas? Also, should I put this experience in extracurricular or work experience? Thanks for your help and appreciate any advice.

Best regards
2008 - 2015 Any Hospital Name City/State
Physician - Volunteer

That is how I would present it.

I would include it under "Volunteerism", secondarily positioning it under employment.

Best wishes.
@mapster10 If you look at the post above by @jamespshelley you will see that Jim has failed to disclose that he is NOT a physician and actually has NO CLUE about the application process. The closest he has become to a physician is when he signs in with his other ID @anson as seen in this post Jim made here on 08/17/11 16:45 http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=606145-1 . Thanks to @jam1729 for exposing him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »