Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 4 questions plz answer - frank83
1. A 25 y/o woman comes to the physician because of shortness of breath, marked malaise, weakness, and fatigue for 4 hours. She felt well until 24 hours ago when she developed muscle soreness after an unusually strenuous physical workout; she took ibuprofen for the pain 1 hour before he symptoms began. She has a history of frequent migraines that have been prevented by taking metoprolol (twice daily) over the past month. Her BP is 100/70 mmHg. Examination shows facial flushing and mild periobital edema. Multiple wheezes are heard throughout the lung fields. Avoidence of which of the following is most likely to prevent recurrence of similar episode?
A)Acetaminophen
B)Aspirin
C)Meperidine
D)Prednisone
E)Propoxyphne
I choosed D wrong answer

2. A 4 y/o boy is brought to the physician because of scalp lesions that have been increasing in size during the past week. He went fro a nature walk with his day care class 10 days ago. Examination shows scattered papules with some scaldy areas on the scalp; surrounding hair is broken near the base with mild alopecia. Which of the following is the most likely to have prevented this condition?
A) Avoidence of wooded areas
B) Avoidence of sharing hats.
C)Use of insect repellent
D) Use of a medicated shampoo
E) Use of sunscreen.

3. A 23 y/o primigravid woman at 10 weeks' gestation comes to the physician for her first prenatal visit. She follows a vegetarian diet and eats no meat or fish. Examination shows a uterus consistent in size with a 10 week gestation. She intends to breast feed her newborn. Which of the following is the most appropriate additional supplemental vitamin for this patient during pregnancy and lactation?
A)B12
B) C
C) D
D) E
E) K

4. A 17 y/o girl comes to the physician because of fatigue, increased thirst, and increased urination over the past 2 weeks; she has had a 4.5 kg weight loss during this period despite and increased appetite. She has not had dysuria. At the onset of her symptoms, she had a mild upper respiratory tract infection that resolved without treatment. Her tamperture is 36.8 C, pulse is 86/min, respirations are 14/min, and BP 100/50 mm Hg. Cranial nerves are intact. Muscle strength is 5/5, and deep tendon reflexes are symmetric. Serum studies show:
Na 132 mEq/L
Cl 96 m Eq/L
K 3.7 mEq/L
HCO 26 mEq/L
Cr 1.2 mg/dL
Which of the following is the most likely location of the primary disease process?
A) Adrenal gland
B) Bone marrow
C) Central nervous system
D) Kidney
E) Liver
G) Pancreas
H) Parathyroid gland
I) Pituitary gland
J) Thyroid gland

5. A 37 y/o man comes to the physician 12 hours after the onset of vomiting and abdominal cramps and swelling. He has had constipation for the past 4 days. He was diagnosed with Crohn disease 7 years ago. His symptoms of diarrhea and right lower quadrant abdominal pain have been well controlled with mesalamine for the past 3 years. His temperature is 36 C, pulse is 98/min and regular, and BP is 110/70 mm Hg. Examination shows a diffusely distended, tympanitic abdomen and visible peristalsis; high pitched bowel sounds are heard. Rectal examinations shows no stool in the rectal vault. An x ray of the abdomen shows a small bowel obstruction. Which of the following is the most likely cause of these of these findings?
A) Colon cancer
B) Ileocecal fistula
C) Small bowel adhesions
D) Small bowel fibrotic stricture
E) Small bowel intussusception
1B aspirin induced asthma
2b tinea captitis
3 e ..?
4 G ....dm-1
5 D stricture form crohns diease
Thanks med, on #3 I also thought it was E, that what I choose and got it wrong
may be vitamin b12 sorry i didnt read properly she is on vegan diet