Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Received my score, Thanks God!!! - schammy2015
Hello everyone!!!
First of all, i want to say thank you to my awesome God, my dear Jesus my savior, my wife, my family, my friends in this forum, Cardio69..etc. I am a half silent member of this forum but from time to time i have posted some encouragement words to this forum. One of my favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4: 13.
Today, i receive my score and i wanted to share a summary of my step 1 Journey.
I am an IMG, my step 1 journey was full of obstacles and interruptions.. I needed to work and study at the same time then i stoped working for a while. I resumed my study into full-time mode on May and took my exam on August.
Resources used:
-Kaplan videos***(Epidemiology and Bio-statistics, Anatomy and Neuro-Anatomy),
-DIT*** as a review tool associated with First Aid****
-Pathoma****
-Najeeb's lectures(Histology, Neuro-Anatomy).
-QBank: U-World(80%) once, USMLE Rx with a predicted score of 254 but did not finished the qbank, Kaplan Q-bank at the beginning of my study.... I did as many questions that i could more than 10000 Q. NBME 11: 254 NBME 13: 264 NBME 15: 246. I could not sleep the night before the test. At first,I thought that i was not going to be able to make it, could not concentrate much then i kept thinking about one of my favorite BIBLE verse: Philippians 4: 13. Exam was a balance of everything but understanding the concepts is a "MUST"... Concepts, Concepts, Concepts, I can't help repeating it... Basic concepts understanding is the key, then you can memorize and do everything else.
Real score received today: 250... I give thanks to God.
To all my friends in this forum, i want you to know that you can do it, you can do it, you can do it. Remember that success is not achieved by the size of our brain but by the quality of our thoughts. Keep on pushing forward, one step at a time but keep on stepping, believe that you can, believe that nothing is impossible. Don't let little things get you down.Never give up, Never give up, Never give up. Have a good study plan with the right resources, study smart, do as many questions as you can and understand the basic concepts and always do your daily part as great as you can and God will help you to succeed with a great score and in life in general. If you have questions or need some advice, please let me know. Success to everyone!!!
congratulations!!!!!
Congratulations! So happy for you.
congrats!!!!! When did u take ur exam? im waiting for the results. was suppose to get them today but i think im not going to receive the email, already 12:00pm and nothing :/
Thanks so much rey17, denver304 and rayder.. i took it on August 13th. Don't worry, you are going to receive it soon.
I took it on Aug 14th (as far as i know if you take it wed-thurs-fridays you receive your score by the third wednesday which is today). Do you know if scores are reported after noon? Im going crazy with this!
Sometimes, there may be some delay. Be calm, you'll soon get your score
Congratulations,,,wat wud u say wud be high yield books to read for cell & molecular biology??
Congratulations Smile
Congratulations man! It's awesome
I have one question about USMLE Rx qbank? Iam planing to buy it online and I am wondering if one month of sold study is enough to digest it, or should I have a subscription for 3 months?
Also, I did not do DIT before! But I did pathoma 3 times. Do you thinks DIT would help for improving my score?
Thanks a lot!
Congrats again!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »