Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurology Interview/Rejection thread - dricecube1
thank you dricecube1
have you guys applied to advanced programs?
is it worth the money?
Hi dricecube, I dont really understand your explanation that much. for example:

Medicine-Preliminary | NRMP Program Code:1630140P0 (Preliminary)
Med-Prelim/Neurology | NRMP Program Code:1630140P1 (Preliminary) PGY-2 Specialty interest(s):

does it mean if I apply to the med-prelim/neurology, I automatically apply to their advanced neurology program and subsequently have to meet the requirements for the advanced program?
Hi guys, I have a little confusion. whats the big deal if you tick/choose all offered trainings in just one program?

for example these 4 trainings are offered under IM program in Brown uni:

Medicine-Preliminary | NRMP Program Code:1677140P0 (Preliminary)
Medicine-Primary | NRMP Program Code:1677140M0 (Primary Care)
Internal Medicine | NRMP Program Code:1677140C0 (Categorical)
Med-Prelim/Neurology | NRMP Program Code:1677140P1 (Preliminary)

If you choose just one of those trainings, you get charged the same fee as choosing the whole 4 trainings. so, please guys, whats the big deal if I choose all 4, versus if I just choose 1 that I so much prefer?

thanks
@drbanks
It is the other way around. When you interview for the advanced neuro position and when you eventually rank it in the NRMP, there is a place for a supplementary program. It is there that you rank the preliminary medicine program. Most of the programs that have a Med-Prelim/Neuro spots, generally reserve it for their neuro candidates and if you match to their advanced neuro program, you automatically get the medicine spot, if you ranked them.
You can prefer to do the prelim medicine at some where else, if you rank that program as a supplementary with the advanced neuro program.

The only deal with selecting all the programs is that if there is only one coordinator managing them, they will think that you are not focused on a specialty and hence might not invite you to anyone of them. Its your choice.
We at least heard sth last week but this week was completely silent
Bad news for people interested in the Cincinnati program Ohio.
All spots have been already taken, and so who did not hear from them are already rejected even if they did not send anything Sad
It is a very competitive program.
what are the non competitive programs? can you tell me please bep111?
@hypatie: How do you know that?
I know a resident there. and she told me that. All the spots has been taken until end of december, and they will not call any body else.
I am really disappointed because I live in Ohio and I was really expecting something from them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »