Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 general surgery interview/rejection thread - im_gmike
Yog2003/step1-202 3rd attempt,ck 234/cs passed in 1st attempt,10 yrs uk experiences in surgery.8 publications,green card holder, 1yr usce! I know I don't have any chances...still Don't know what should I do!should I give up?1st time applying!
you know you dont have a chance but still applied for surgery? why? primary care specialties are more forgiving when it comes to board exam attempts.

fresh IMGs with 250s are barely scratching the bottom barrel surgery programs
Frankly speaking I feel sorry for program directors who choose applicants based on scores primarily. I have been around for a while and can assure you that scores means nothing.... I mean it is important of course, but it basically tells nothing about future doctor quality or anything. Especially with all online resources for USMLE preparation these days getting high score is not that difficult and it looks good on your CV but nothing else.....

I know a few former residents with scores 99 who were fired from residency for incompetent patient care. Trust me it should be a big deal problem to be fired from residency.

I know they pre-screen application based on scores.... thus making huge mistake and no getting really good, hard working and motivated candidates. But it is what it is.
I believe that those good, hard working people will find their way to residency sooner or later. Just remain persistent and do not give up
Good luck to all!

I have applied for Surgery/FM/IM.I don't take
Usmle Xms seriously.I have done MRCS as well.But I know the program director only looks at scores...I am still in UK
any inv or rej???? this week have been very silent!!!!
Just got rejection from Duke...
they only have 1 IMG in the whole program. considering duke is probably a top 5 surgery program in the country, I didnt bother applying there
I also applied to duke but DIDNT EVEN received a rejection, I am also IMG
some times I think what happened to my application in these silent days!!!!!!
@usmle, why do you want to leave UK to come to the United State, some of us who are finding it hard to match here are thinking of going to UK. Is UK not good to practice medicine? Please can you shed more light on that so it can guide people like us who are nursing the idea of going to UK. Thank you.
Providence hospital and medical center rejected
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »