Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People in the last 5 weeks of their preparation - alston
welcome success@mle , mansi and determined !!

Do you guys have a plan for this week ?when are you taking your upcoming NBME ?
@mansi49ers As fas as hours of studying are concerned, on my most energized days I am studying 12-15 hours but I realize that it is not the sheer about of hours its the concentration that matters .However if I take a break it turns into too long a break and I lose my chain of continuity its the worst thing that happens to me.Always takes me time to get back on the wagon.I love to study yet I tend to lose time to unproductive activities .

Anyways , today is a good day .I have plans to finish one big unit of FA and a few left over UW questions .My NBME is getting delayed but I dont want to do a half hearted attempt .
Same here alston! You basically read my mind I also tend to lose concentration especially in the evenings.. I am more energized in the morning.. I am doing FA, UW questions side by side but it feels as though i have memorized FA bc i have read it so many times... Anyone else having this problem? what do you guys recommend i do or is this normal?
hello guys
good to read how you all are doing
i have my exam set for oct end as well, still not able to do FA that quick
and DIT is not an option rightn ow
so you guys do a whole section in a day ?? thats amazing

can someone please suggest something helpful for biostats , i did DIT but not able to understand once i see questions on uw, its hard to put numbers in the equation

any suggestions / ?
Hello
I'm Maryam...I plan to sit the exam in mid-oct , have not scheduled it yet though...
So I'm doing FA these days in 8 days. ( on my own, no SP) After this 8 day period I plan to take nbme 15 and 16 online...I can only take 1 online nbmes, anybody has a better suggestion about 17?
* meant to write that I can only take 2 more online nbmes, what do you guys suggest: 15 vs 16 vs 17? Which two?
doing FA in 5 days is harder than i thought….i started reading my FA in think on the 22nd or 23rd of september and was hoping to finish it maybe this monday….but now i am struggling to try to finish it by tuesday….hmmm

how is FA read coming for the rest of you?
today i read FA repro and Cardio these are 2 really long chapters with too much information… i feel like my brain is about to blow lol
@will-win I dont think I can do FA in 5 days .It is atleast 10 days for me but if you aimed at Monday and getting it on tuesday thats not bad at all , I must say .

@ maryam from what I know 15 and 17 are the go to NBMEs

@mojo biostats is a huge headache .Did I say huge ? I meant HUGE .Its written bad in First aid .Everyone claims whats n FA is enough but to understand all that I had to go through what not and I still have goosebumps thinking about biostats .
My solution is to just do the questions because reading from FA is quite useless .There are 75 UW questions sold separately on their website too and available for free if someone has it .They are good .Then Kaplan Q bank has a block or so .Rest it is going to be a jump on the dark for me too .
Anyways , today is First Aid day multiple small topics and one complete unit of immunology .
Let the fun begin
@alston
im yet to do uw biostats, the couple i did in a random mixed were mind boggling !
so i want to know how are you doing uw? online or offline ? i know you mentioned youre near exam

and since youre doing fa in a weeks time, are you also considering to go over pathoma before giving an nbme ?
Thank you Alston. OK 15 and 17 it is then.

@ will_win: 5 days are too less! The fastest I can do is 8 days. did it once before like that and now again trying to do it in 8 days.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »