Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People in the last 5 weeks of their preparation - alston
Hi Guys, I know what a drag review is Alston! Takes me forever & then I' feel guilty that I didn't get anything else done. Then again I think 'hey atleast now I know not to make the same xx number of mistakes again"

My scores have improved too, from failing (hopelessly) to passing scores, still nowhere near my target, but hoping to stick at it.
alston and movegirl

its good to know that improved your individual scores , its definitely helping me to gather up my strength and go through my failed nbme again

GLuck guys
mojo2525, Let me publicly state my abysmal first NBME score, it was !150! I doubt anyone in their dedicated study period would have started out with that score, And within 2 weeks of terror filled study I got it up to passing level. I'm certainly not going to rest on that since my new score is nothing to brag about & I have a long way to go, but that was just to egg you on & proof that hard work certainly pays off. Hopefully the trend will continue onto the real thing. Lets get this thing DONE!
@movegirl kudos ! that shows your hardwork
can you please share what did you do between the two nbmes (in your 2 wks ? /??? )
i know everybody uses UFAP combo but i keep on struggling with doing everything together

for now im doing 1 uw block morning , pathoma in the evening and later half of the evening passive reading of FA

btw i started with 140!!!
ive never seen anyone posting an nbme score as low as that ! which is quite heartening and depressing.

but anyhow lets be positive and keep on working hard, in the end thats what matters
It will definitely pay off !
yeah same boat guys finding very difficult to kick....
mojo2525, I totally understand how disheartening a low score is, but the terror it brings is a good motivator!

Just kept on doing questions, questions, questions! and a score as low as ours usually means lack of basic knowledge, even though we read everything it hasn't solidified yet and the nit-picky details are not in our heads.

Doing questions is the way to drill it in permanently, and I tried hard not to focus on UW percentages, did timed tutor subject-wise(still am, I have't even gone through 50% of UW) and that seemed to help a lot.I'm no guru and still haven't taken the exam, but I did see an improvement so doing questions worked for me. just stic to it without thinking too much about the outcome, I saw alston post somewhere to read each question thinking that exact question will appear on step 1! that really helps. In a very short time all this will be a bad dream Wink
it brings me energy reading this blog msgs . all the best guys. I'm in the same boat as u guys. hope we can get over soon with the exam.
movegirl thanks a bunch

thats reassuring
im usually skeptic every 2 days, whatever im doing is right/ wrong /helpful / get confused with all these thoughts and panic

im planning to go through only uw questions for the next wk, and take an nbme

happy studying Smile
keep posting everyone ... we can do this !

@mojo OFCOURSE you can do it .Read with focus understand and move on .This exam is hard because the content is so vast .We all feel that difficulty .We are all overwhelmed .If we are already in pain why stop and prolong the misery.Just keep on going and this steep hill will be conquered like for so many before us .

I feel the pressure too , all the time but I put my mind back to the books especially UW and it tells me I am spending my time in the right direction .I feel the pressure but I enjoy my journey .Celebrate your improvements it really helps .

@movegirl you are amazing .One positive step at a time we can achieve our goals .

Next NBME in 2 wks !!!
hi everyone!
this post is so inspiring. thank you guys!
i am really depressed with my low nbme score. this time i am focussing on my weak subjects.
next nbme in 10 days.
all the best!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »