Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed CK, ERAS 170 programs+3 interviews, advice? - wwind
Here are my final thoughts, use your discretion after reading it

You are in a precarious situation here, you could easily go from bad to worse. What is most important for you at this stage is passing step 2 ck and comfortably.

I don't know what your score was at your 1st attempt. personally 4 weeks of preparing for the exam to correct your deficiency in other to comfortable pass I short. I quite understand that you are trying to have the result in hand by the time you interview. I feel if you take the ck in first week of December your result will be out by end of December.(Enough time to get certified if all the medical credentials have already been verified).

There is a great difference between 4wks of intense preparation and 8weeks. Use the first 4 weeks for intense preps after that evaluate yourself then to have another 4 weeks to perfect it.

you will have no margin for error if you do it in 4 weeks. you have a great chance to match if you maximize your ability to pass your ck and play your cards well.

Programs are not ranking in Dec when you go for interview. ( they don't need your ck result then, what is the point of rushing.

Secondly you have invites from programs, a lot of guys don't have. you can't guarantee what will happen next match.

That's why I said lock your self up, away from all distractions 8 solid weeks to do the exam. then you have 1 week to rest your mind for interviews.

you have in your hands don't lose it and I pray God will give you the wisdom to make the right decisions but the bulk falls on you right now.

Hoping you success at the match!!!!!
Hey thanks again to all for the supportive words and plans. Some potentially good news, I contacted 3 more programs I really liked that I didn't hear from just to let them know what my situation was on the ck failure and how I really wanted to visit their place and 2 of them told me to call them after I pass my CK to see how the status of their interviews are. The other one said to email them but who knows.

I will take your opinions to heart. I am just going to stick with MTB 2 and UWorld for the next few weeks by chapter and then the respective uworld mcq of that chapter from MTB section by section. I don't know what the outcome of this will be but I am going to stay positive. Good luck to everyone on their interviews.

I dont think you are using the correct study materials. I know youre not supposed to post your email address so if you post on another board like sdn or reddit let me know your username and ill send you my study guide.
Hey vtown, that would be cool! You can pm me on reddit : windmatch
USMLE World and MTB 2 are the best study material but rushing this is not wise My last warning ASmile
Thank you student1960, I am going to go through that MTB 2 book! Good luck with your eras applications!
thxanks
@drshawnohara I hate your posts can you stop telling us to google we are not idiots but I'm doubting you
tanns
Please make sure to score really well on CK. 4 weeks seems very rushed. End of January might be a better time frame.
Take this for what it is. I have zero interviews but some experience from reading forums and from people I know who matched.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »