Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another washing variation -
fedaro

What would you guys say if the doctor washes his hands right after entering the door. "Good morning Mr. Jones just let me wash my hands and I'll be all yours, or I will be right with you"
Personally I would prefer it. Because if you wash your hands after handshake you may have just finished examination of the no so clean feet of an elderly lady. And you didn't have enough time to wash them. SPs know what are the time constraints in ECFMG center. But if you wash them before handshake you showrespect to the patient by giving him perfectly clean hand. What do you think?
Tony

I suggest u to wash your hand before and after the PE specially if you have examined the feet of an old lady....
fedar

that's not for me that's for the patient even if you washed you hands just before entering the room patient doesn't know about it
helard

I would say Tony's suggestion is the best. That way, you show the PE that you probably did tha same with the previous patient. Washing hands rightaway could mean many things, give a PE or real patient much to wonder.
Bemused

You guys do not turn such a simple common sence thing into a complex issue. I have taken and paseed the CSA. It's your choice - wash your hands after seeing an SP if you want but please...please wash your hands before you examine them...this is what I think really matters.
xxx

don;t waste time using the soap.. just wash with water...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »