Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mount sinai chicago - mona2015
hello guys ,anyone interviewed at mount sinai chicago in IM ,could u please share your experience,i will appreciate your help.........

I interviewed there 2 weeks ago. Was given an offer along with another classmate. Both of us are from Windsor.

Not sure about others but I've been told they prefer Windsor and St James students. They gave us a roster and we met the residents, most are St. James, some Windsor.

Interview was good. Very simple. No medical questions.

Not sure how many spots are left. Been told that most are filled now and that me and my classmate were really lucky ones because some others declined their offer hence we were backup choices.

Good luck!
did u get prematch their?????
,thank u so much for your response,could u please talk with u,plz add me,my id is mona.rai88
Chroniccase- Could you please share your Skype id with me or add me. My skype Id is dr.sabina01. I need few suggestions.
Chroniccase - I got prematched at Mount sinai medical center chicago too. Please can you give me your Skype id or add me. My skype Id is dr.sabina01. I want to talk to you. It's a request.
@chroniccase and sabinamanandhar
Congratz to you guys on ur matches. Can I please know what are you credentials and how much USCE and research you people had. Vey happy for your match.
My credentials - 253/257/CS Passed/255 for some reason I can't break 260 but my friend did, who also got offered alongside with me, he didnt take step 3 though but holds an MPH and previous research experiences.
I've got 3 publications and 5 case reports throughout my clinical years. no research.
Windsor School of Medicine has their medical students finish their last 2 clinical years stateside, in other words we got 24~ months and change of USCE.

@sabina
I don't use skype. If you have any questions regarding the program and their offer, the coordinator (not the assistant!) is very helpful in getting instructing you on how to drop the match and forms to fill. If you can't get through to her, shoot an email or call the chief resident, shes amazing and very helpful.

Good luck to everyone in the match. I've withdrawn from 8 programs so hopefully some of the folks here can get those invites!

@chroniccase

congratulations. How did you manage 3 publications but no research??
250s on all board exams and took a prematch offer at a community hospital? Im surprised you only had 9 interviews

I have a friend who prematched at mount sinai this year as well with much less scores. Rather strange
troll Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »