Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it fair? - priya06
Hi everyone, Hope everyone is doing well. I was offered a prematch position verbally and later denied on visa grounds as their committee did not discuss my visa issue earlier. I had made things very clear during my interview and still this thing happened to me. Is it fair to be rejected on this reason? Can anything be done in my case?
Any help is appreciated.
Do you have any official documentation where you where offered a prematch? What kind of visa where you going for?
Sorry you are in this situation. In your situation, I would try to appeal to the program director or department chairman with a nice letter and phone call. Explain how interested you are in the program and how you will be a valuable asset for them.

All the best!!
It is time to act like a TRUE American!!! Lawyer up! Goldstein and Goldberg at your service.
visa issue?

sounds like you are in the gray murky territory of applying for a green card or something like that

move on and don't burn the bridge for next year in case you are applying for a green card especially if the case if for example that they don't sponsor visas
you may be done with that offer. Try to define you have no visa problem if true, if you are muslim no offense meant but for Muslims this match may get very tricky since I know of more than a few programs saying privately they are not matching those who need visas now. So I'm interested to see what will really happen. I want to say I have nothing against anyone but since I live and work in The USA in family medicine I hear a lot. Some people are pretty ugly and the recent terrorist attacks here caused a lot of ugly things said. My muslim friend ( US citizen) said she will not travel to middle east till this changes because she wants to come back without problems. I have not read about any problems but she is very upset over the attacks in the media.
Visas are being attacked and some want to hold off till the system is better at catching the real threats so I read.
That offer is gone.
There is nothing you can do.
I have kind of gray area for visa as I am dependent with ead for a limited period and thereafter needs extension which is likely to happen but not guaranteed. I dI'd call and mailed the program but I think that I am off the list now. They emailed me about the prematch but the offer was made through phone call. I just felt bad coz I felt that I was offered prematch based on my profile n iv perforce but it all came down to stupid visa issue. Hope I have some luck by my side during match.
May I know the program?
I am also on H4 EAD going for a pre-match IV next month.
Can u email me to priya.movva if u r hesitant to post it here?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »