Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for @fammedtiger from an USIMG - stmartin
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions in this forum, as you are very busy now.
Do programs view observerships at private clinics and hospitals as legitimate USCE or not?
Or is it only Hands On USCE like externships that count as USCE?
Are paid externships viewed poorly, since the LORS are mostly generic?
And lastly, will the PD disregard my application if I live outside of the US during Match season? ( for example, it is too much of a hassle for PD to call me overseas for phone interview due to phone bill costs, bad connection,etc). Do programs contact us for interview mostly by just email or are phone interviews common and sending invitations by regular post mail?
Thank you and God bless
Programs vary. Some would view observerships at private clinics and hospitals as legitimate USCE, some not. Some program specify this info in their website

PD WILL NOT disregard your application if you live outside of the US. I applied when I was in my home country. I only received one phone interview (not sure if that's an interview or just a call) from Jacobi. PD could not reach me so he sent me an e-mail letting me to call him. I called and talked and then he sent me a formal interview. I received 20+ IVs until now
@mszzeta

Thank you for your helpful info. And wow! congrats to you on getting 20+ IVs! your credentials must be outstanding. I would be happy to just get 10 IVs when i apply for match in sept. You will match for sure.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »