Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOAP Rules for everyone - jennashell
I understand we have NRMP website and all resources for SOAP details and rules. Just for clarity sake can someone with past SOAP experience add/remind us SOAP rules here. Here is what I know so far

1) Once match results are out March 14th, people who are yet to match and SOAP eligible will have to wait till SOAP officially opens.

2) We are allowed to apply upto 45 programs in total for free and anything more will cost extra...Do we apply all 45 on first day or 30 first day, 10 next ??? How does this work????

3) We are NOT allowed to call or email or have someone place a call on our behalf during SOAP cycle.

4) We have to wait until a program contact us first. After this, we can have someone call on our behalf.

5) During a SOAP cycle, if a contract is given to us, we have two hours to accept it.

6) All SOAP applications are send through ERAS

7) All SOAP offers are done via NRMP ??( is this true??)

I may be missing something. If you know more please add. Thank you.

All of this information is accurate. It is VERY important that you don't have someone call/e-mail/harass people in person before a program contacts you. It could be considered a match violation. At the very least, it does the complete opposite of what it is meant to do: puts you at the bottom of the list. I know everyone's first reaction is to help you find a position and when most of those people were going through the same process it was very different. These rules are in place for a reason.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »