Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got an interview but already prematched - jjrodz
I was just called for a prelim Surgery interview but I already have a verbal commitment to a prematch program. Should I go to the interview? I know chances are slim to get into the prelim surgery and it's through the match, but I wonder if the interview goes really well and they tell me to rank them highly what would happen.
Nothing would really happen except if you have to withdraw from the match due to your prematch offer. In that case you would take the prematch and withdraw from the match. I would go just because I only have a verbal commitment and nothing more from the prematch program.
this is a tough call bro. was your prematch offer also prelim surgery or another specialty? I dont know how prematch offers work. did you sign a contract already? if so, does that contract state that you have to drop out of the match? Im always a believer in that a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. especially nowadays, considering how damn hard it is for us IMGs to match to anything. I would stick with the sure thing you already have-the prematch offer. that just me though.

but if your a gamblin man, attend the new surgery IV just to see how it goes and so you wont have any future regrets- kicking yourself and saying, "man, i should have at least tried surgery." so maybe still go, but the temptation may be too strong to risk what youve already got. its like you already have a good, nice, wholesome woman as a girlfriend who is sure to be faithful and good to you. but now along comes this new, sexy, hot, exciting woman that may be trouble and she might burn you in the end. i would take the good, faithful woman. but its your call boss. good luck
how long have you had the verbal prematch agreement? I would want a contract immediately
@jjrodz, Match is a Gamble if you already got a Prematch offer congratulations! go ahead and accept it! Do Not wait for Match!
sign the prematch contract and get out of the rat race.
Go for the prenatal offer. Donot play with your life. Match is a gamble, you may not get this opportunity again. Accept what you have in you hand. Sign your prenatal contract n get dobe with it.
Go for the prematch offer. Donot play with your life. Match is a gamble, you may not get this opportunity again. Accept what you have in you hand. Sign your prematch contract n get dobe with it. 

May I ask where you got a prelim surgery interview ?
This is how it works, a couple of weeks ago I got a letter that said I was accepted to IM in a prematch program. I called and acceptes verbally but told that since I had to relocate I will come in later and sign. When you sign in person you have to bring a withdrawal print out (some residencies ask you to send a screenshot of the withdrawal the second you accept). I had actually completely forgotten that i had the surgery match still going, no hope for it at all. But I was called this mornibg to see if I could come in for an interview, (they asked not to disclose because its just acouple of spot theyre looking to fill). Now I dont know if the program in already matched in has any way to know that i havent withdrawn or that i have this interview scheduled. My plan was to leverage my contract furong the interview towards getting ranked in the sure positions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »