Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got an interview but already prematched - jjrodz
Alright! que pasa @burtonswix? You are not alone, we are here too. I hope your Match goes well. Which specialties are you applying for? May God bless you on Match day
Actually, I got a prematch offer as well! I guess programs can't let us go, right? hahaha
@burtonswix

Si! We are 3 for 3 then in pre-match then! Big congrats to you and jjrodz! I thank God everyday that I pre-matched with 2 failures. In fact, when the PD offered it to me- I thought I was really hallucinating. I wanted to skip down the hallways like a 5 year old girl on her birthday- but that would not be a good look for me and no one wants to see that. LOL.

Yeah, its not my dream hospital, but I'm not exactly their dream candidate either. LOL. So we fit. But they gave me a chance when others shut the door in my face. So i am going to show my loyalty to them, because they took a chance on me.

Hermanos, go celebrate with your family and friends and thank God. Because starting in July, we all have to prove ourselves all over again. We will be the neophytes and at the bottom of the hospital food chain. Let us work hard and prove to the programs once again, that we belong and they didnt make a mistake by choosing us. Hard work pays off- forever.
Are we all three on IM? Congratulations to you guys!

I actually started reading the MKSAP 17. Preparing like I have the IM board on July. I'm ready for the fact that I will probably be the oldest in my year but like I 've said I feel confident in what I can do. Also I'll make sure to be PC and political and not rub anyone the wrong way. My hospital is actually really nice and the people are good, it's just remote without subs. I have to start looking for an apt!
Im an old man too @jjrodz. At least they gave you a cool nickname, "El Duro." I am already 37. My nickname was "El Gato Abuelo". Not cool. LOL. That is nice that you are in a good hospital. I like the people at my hospital, but the workload and the toxicity is beyond belief. But I like a little chaos, it makes the day go by faster. Good luck on your apt. search. My rent will devour almost half my salary. So I foresee a lot of tortillas and arroz con leche in my future. Good luck man!
Thank you guys! It wasn't easy for me to withdraw from the match as well. Just like jjrodz, I had some other IVs at places that were very appealing. However, as I said, we have to make smart decisions. The match is extremely unpredictable, especially for IMGs with few IVs, like us. It doesn't matter where we train. In the end, we all will have the great opportunity to be MDs, with valid licenses, in the USA. How AMAZING is that? All the rest is irrelevant.
Well said @burtonswix! Good luck brother!
Good luck boricuamoreno and jrodz!!!!
Thanks
Thank you burtonswix
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »