Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got an interview but already prematched - jjrodz
@ jjrodz you had cs attempts like me right? how many ivs did u manage this season? congrats for the prematch was it for im or fm?
2 CS attempts yes. got 4 IVs. IM. I could talk more about my experience but people tend to get overly critical and negative and that is what has stopped me so far.
Dude- I would go and sign that contract first and then relax. Unless you sign that contract you have no solid guarantee and I wont trust anyone's verbal acceptance whatsoever. Spend that money, print that withdrawal paper and go do it. I dont understand people like yourself who work very hard, make it through interview and then contemplate blunder moves like this. Why do you want to appear for a prelim surgery when you have a solid program at hand ??? I dont get your logic.
The program will def know you are still in match. Just like we can log in and see what programs are available to rank, I am sure they also can see which candidate is available to rank. If I were you I wont sit on this verbal contract.
Believing you have leverage when thousands go unmatched (yearly) is either a sign of immaturity, being 'special needs', or a lack of insight causing arrogance.
Aybatu you need to back off.
The label being special needs is not nice from you.....special needs are as human and succssesful as others. Being a mom of special need made me believe in that....so please grow up because you are showing signs of immaturity.
I stand by the statement and also find it amusing that someone attempting to explore options after making a verbal commitment feigns offense. They did OP a favor by accepting a verbal commitment.

It's a very dangerous time for IMGs. Those getting residencies leading up to the MD/DO merger will be among the last to have medical futures.

I could be the biggest jerk in the world but there's no legitimate excuse to turn down a pre-match offer unless someone is an exceptional candidate who isn't risking anything by waiting until March. If OP has had 20 great interviews, passed every step first time, killer scores, and no Green Card or Visa issues.

Another thing to consider is that we're talking about a preliminary surgery spot. Those can be true dead-ends and OP might end up applying for the match again next year.

It's risky
take the prematch offer. its too much of a gamble. you already got a sure thing. im not sure how prelim surgery works. after completing 1 year of prelim surg, dont you have to go through the match again to try and get a categorical spot? end the madness and stress. i couldnt imagine going through yet another match.
@ aybabtu

Well said!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »